- Brotherhood of the Holy Sepulcher, Archconfraternity of Five Sores of St. Francisco and Brotherhood of St. Joan Baptist
Holy Sepulcher Chapel
Lope de Vega St., 10, 34001, Palencia
D. Ángel Alfonso Martínez González
HabitWhite tunic with red buttons and the cross of the Holy Sepulcher embroidered on the left breast; white hood with the cross of the Holy Sepulcher embroidered at chest height; white mantle-type cloak with red trim and the cross of the Holy Sepulcher embroidered on the left; white wool cord, white gloves and white shoes with red buckles.
Brotherhood of the Holy Sepulcher, Archconfraternity of Five Sores of St. Francisco and Brotherhood of St. Joan Baptist", common known as the Holy Sepulcher, has a tradition several hundred years old and its history and evolution is confused and identified with the avatars that the city of Palencia over the centuries. The first historical references date back to 1407, the year of the founding of the Brotherhood of St. Francisco. There are no more documents showing their activity until 1563, the year in which it was refounded by the scribe Melchor de Cisneros.